The Cumans are one of the new civilizations which were made available with the release of Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition. Cumans are a very unique, even strange civilization, which many consider to be a civilization not yet figured out. In this build order, we will be using one of the many strange civilization bonuses available to the Cuman’s – the ability to build a second town-centre in the Feudal Age. Left unchecked, this can lead to arguably the best boom in the game.
Objective 1 – Advance to the Feudal Age at 20 villagers
- As always, build 2 houses and send your first 3 villagers and the house building villagers to collect sheep.
- Send the next 2 villagers to wood.
- Send the next villager to build a house (ideally in the place of where you intend to wall) and then collect a boar.
- send the next villager to sheep
- send the next 2 villagers to berries. You should just have enough wood to build a mill with the first villager when the second villager is created, but if not, force drop your wood villagers.
- Send the next villager to collect wood.
- Send the next villager to berries.
- Send the next villager to collect the second boar.
- Send the next 3 villagers to collect boar.
- Send the next 2 villagers to collect wood.
- Click loom, then click feudal Age.
- Send one villager from berries to make a house.
- Transition 4 of your villagers collecting boar to collect wood, while the rest should collect sheep.
- At halfway to feudal, if you are playing on an open map, send 5 of your villagers to wall your base.
- Build a second tc on reaching feudal age with 6 villagers from wood.
- Send new villagers to straggler trees and build farms whenever you reach 60 wood. You should have a surplus of food to ensure villager production can be maintained while getting farming eco up and running.
- Research double bit axe and horse collar when possible.
- Boom away.